Wednesday, June 14, 2006

24 hrs a day is never enough

Currently, mua is posted to this acute hospital for clinical attachment.... Traveling time to and fro is enough to suck my blood and not to mention the amount of vitamin M from my wallet. Have been hanging out with lots of ah Po and ah gong lately, and I think I'm subconsciously feeling old..... Got screamed at by a schizo patient today.... I guess I'm pushing him over his limits during out initial assessment... I guess my face was like -_- .......... took me a long time to register that; i'm getting old, response is getting slower.....

enuff said. I need to complete my daily research (so i wont feel so guilty for not studying) before i coma later at 10pm...

mua would like to wish those who are in the same plight as me (long traveling journey and stuck in a placement which she isn't familiar with) best of luck and hang in there cos we'll be reunited soon... hahahhahaha
________________________________________________________________
10:10 pm

S: Student listless and said that she was feeling lethargic
Blogging
O: Able to support her head in proper alignment with aid of pillow
Table cluttered with Willard & spackman, Pedretti and rough papers
Able to type on her lappy with arms supported on table
Functional ROM of distal upper limbs observed
Student unable to respond to environmental stimuli (ie TV and music from her lappy)
Low level of arousal noted
A: Student desperately require sleep
Poor activity tolerance (approx 17 hrs max)
7.5 hrs of sleep deemed insufficient
Student need stress mx skills
P: Sleep therapy arranged
Ban TV programs after 7pm
Monitor functional status
________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Haha.... what about the following plan :

P:
- Movie therapy in the weekend?

haha

Anonymous said...

haha i like the documentation! btw, i'm also stuck with long travelling times (bought dual concession okay!?!)and screaming and crying kids. driving me nuts. heh.