Monday, July 10, 2006

Deflated

It dawned upon me lately that I may not have a clear direction on where I'm heading towards. I'm entering the 3rd year of my course and I have not even identified any areas of interests. After so many placements, went almost every setting (except mental ones of course) and still pondering where should I start at after graduation.... Is it normal? There's so much to consider

"Why did I choose this profession? Am I capable?"
Been doing some reflection while stoning on the train, watching ppl walking by... Pondering.... I wish to help the ones that wish to be helped. It saddens me when I see the unfortunate aren't able to live their lives to the fullest....

Like the disabled, for example, I see the inert potential of them carrying on living their lives still. How can I give them hope? Are words of encouragement all that I can offer?

I just can't get this lady out of bed to strengthen her residual limb so as to facilitate the PT for ambulation training. I "see" her walking down the streets with walking frame; I believe it's achievable. But HOW THE HELL DO I LET HER SEE THIS~?

As composed as I was, I tried to coax, sweet talk, hoping to strike the right note and trigger some sparks of "initiation" in her... But to no avail... Am I too pushy? Am I too concerned? should I take it easy? the ideal scenario in me kept replaying, beaconing me to keep on encouraging this lady...... Like I said ideal scenario.... But how ideal is reality?

*****This made me think about my life......
I do have fantasies and dreams.... So far fetched that I find them so daunting so unachievable... Instead of taking baby steps to fulfill these dreams, I'm still staying at the same spot... Still dreaming, hoping fine day it would come true.... Is it the same case for the bedbound lady who refuses to try walking?

When u fight life, life always wins

No comments: